lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2010

introduction?

Since I’ve reached my 2010 goal (200 books) a month before planned, I figured I’d plan out my 2011 goals now. I’m doing 100 books. My goal, in short, is to talk more about literature and think more critically about the things I do read, hence the low number and this blog. I take notes in my books and underline passages and fold down pages, but when I read, I almost always do so for what I can get out of it intellectually and emotionally (whether for my own enjoyment or for the development of my own writing), and I never feel comfortable sharing my opinions on anything. I need to change that. I guess this is some sort of New Year's resolution.

I’m not just using this to discuss next year’s books, but ones I’ve loved (or hated) over the years, as well as individual poems and just about anything related to literature. Your opinions and insights are, of course, welcome, if anyone happens to be reading this.

1 comentario:

  1. Good Lord! You read 200 books last year?

    Glad to see you're on here. I'd love to read some of your reviews. I enjoy seeing what you're reading next...it's always something so interesting.

    ResponderEliminar